I had this very old Heller kit sitting in my stash for over 30 years. Due it's age it was not engraved panel lines, so I decided to use it as a practice for my first ever try to engrave panel lines in a kit. It was not perfect but I've learned a lot.
I had some issues with some seams that were hard do cover even after several re-dos with super glue.
I've used only acrylic paints, mostly Gunze Acqueous Paint.
The decals were another challenge, due it's age they broke apart once in the water. Luckly I had two set of the decals, so I sprayed a coat of Lacquer clear coat and applied as usual. However, the decals were very transparent so I decided to double up them using the other set of decals, it was not perfect but better than originally.
Weathering was made using Tamiya accent panel lines, watercolours pencils and pastels.
Overall it looked good but not standing a chance in a model show.
I've tried to represent an aircraft part of the Flottille 1F operating on the French Aircraft Carrier Arromanches in Indochina circa early 50's.